Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

ahhh...summer.

As of today I'm officially a senior! Although I'm not so thrilled about only having one year of college left, I'm soooo happy that this semester is finally over. Taking 19 hours of classes really wore me out. These past two weeks about killed me....last week was full of assignments and papers (twelve total to be exact!) and this week was full of finals and more papers. Last night I was awake until 4:30am finishing a paper but I am finally DONE!! I could not be more relieved.


I'm a little sad, however, that this was (most likely) my last semester of Italian. After living in Italy last semester I decided to take it again this spring. Greatest decision ever. I actually did learn a lot more and got to hear "ciao, bellaaa" everyday. Totally worth it. I'm truly going to miss taking Italian and reaaaally hope I don't forget everything I know. I guess the only solution is to move to italy so I can practice every day :)


As if today wasn't already such a great day because it's the start of summer, I also found out I got a job that I had applied for. Praaaaise the Lord! Starting sometime soon I'm going to be a teacher's assistant at the Scott Early Learning Center in Bloomington. The Scott Early Learning Center is part of an agency called 'Children's Home and Aid' that serves children and families in their obstacles whether it's poverty, abuse, or anything else. I found out about this job because I used to volunteer at the Crisis Nursery, which is another branch of the same agency. Other than early childhood education and the Crisis Nursery they also have adoption services, foster care, child and family counseling, and tons of family and parent resource services. Basically this job will be great experience because I want to work with children and families in need for the rest of my life...or at least for a good portion of my professional career.

.

check it out:

http://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/Page.aspx?pid=356

.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be going home for the weekend for mother's day and to visit a newly engaged friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment