Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

stressss

Although it's way past my bedtime, I don't feel like going to sleep yet...surprise, surprise. Instead, I decided to go through my old emails from the study abroad advisors just to make sure I'm not going to forget anything. While going through these emails, I realized there's sooo many papers and copies of papers I need to have that I didn't even think about. I definitely don't have them all together yet and I'm running out of time. ughhh. I'm the queen of procrastination and it's definitely catching up to me and kicking my butt. The stress from procrastinating is setting in...if you can't tell already. I'm still in the process of packing...not really anywhere close to being finished. I'm busy getting all of this stuff done while trying to spend some last minute time with my family and friends. So much to do and people to see, so little time!

I think I've been trying to hide the fact that I'm a little scared and nervous but I'm feeling it now more than ever. While at ISU, I never went home very much, but in Italy I know I don't even have the option of going home (or seeing any friends/family) until Christmas....and that's a little scary. I know I'll absolutely love it when I get there, but right now I'm super overwhelmed.


On a more positive note, Katie and I are going to another Cardinal's game tomorrow afternoon. It should be a good stress reliever. It will be my last game until next season...super sad, but I had a great summer filled with tons of Cardinal baseball. Since it's my last game I'll be indulging in my favorite, classic baseball food: a hotdog and french fries. I can't wait! Maybe I'll even splurge and get some peanuts, too :) I just loooove baseball.



1 comment:

  1. Have fun at the game! Don't be scared. You are gonna have an amazing life-changing time and you are covered in prayer. Once you get past the initial culture shock and transition of being in a new place, you'll never look back and won't even think about being back in the states because you'l be cherishing every minute you have there! I love you so much and am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete